Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
189 Views, 1 Reply

Network License Server

Hi,
I've 4 AIP 2009 Standalone Commercial Products. I need to cascade licenses to 6 computers. When i install the network license on 1 computer and make that as server (No dedicated server), i'm not able to start Inventor on the server computer forget about cascading. it prompts me,
1) Select License server
2) Select License file

When i select the server it gives an errorthat it could not find the server within 5 seconds, secondly when i select the license from the bin folder licpath.lic it says it is an invalid license file.

Please help me.
Thank you in advance.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

If your AIP licenses are Stand-Alone licenses, then you do not install them as the Network License versions. You need to reinstall as Stand-Alone and activate your serial numbers as such.

If your AIP are, in fact, Network License versions, then you need to have a license file generated for your Network License Manager. You need to do this at http://register.autodesk.com or by calling 1-800-551-1490, or call your reseller to assist you. Once you have that license .lic file, you need to configure your LMTOOLS to run as a service and then start the service. You clients then need to be pointed to the server hostname.

I recommend calling your reseller to assist you with your license type so that you can make the appropriate activation.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report