Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network License Registration

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
schinkerj
828 Views, 7 Replies

Network License Registration

I'm try to register and activate our network license.  I entered the serial number, and it goes to a page where it asks for the server 1 host name and ID.  What is this ID# and where can I get it from?  I tried putting a madeup ID in but it doesn't accept that either. I looked in the licensing app on the server and couldn't find any such ID there either.

Would it be too much for a little textbox explaning what the Server 1 ID is and what to type in?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Dazzman
in reply to: schinkerj

Always used to be hostname = server name, id = ethernet address usually both from on the system settings tab in lmtools.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 8
schinkerj
in reply to: Dazzman

Thanks for your help, that worked.  No idea why they can't tell us that on the registration webpage.

Now I'm receiving this error when I perform a status enquiry in LMTOOLS.

lmgrd is not running: Cannot connect to license server system.
 The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,
 the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the
 port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
Server name:   cadlicense
License path:  @cadlicense;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,570
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.acresso.com".

The name hasn't changed, so not sure what the problem is.

Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

Does the service start when you click start?  I'd double check that there aren't any typos in the LIC file against the LMTOOLS listing for your hostname and ethernet address.  Also, if this is WIndows 7 or Server 2008, it might be an IPv6 issue.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
Dazzman

Have you configured everything on the Config Services tab?

Once you have done this you need to go to the Start/Stop/Reread tab and click on Start Server.

The go to the Server Status tab and Perform Status Enquiry.

Message 6 of 8
Dazzman
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis could you help out with this problem License manager Autocad 2011 problem its on page 2 and I ran out of ideas to help with the 0,0,0 flex error.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: Dazzman

Absolutely, thanks for pointing that out as well as your contributions to the board. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 8
schinkerj
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks guys, got it working.  I had to specify the settings under config services, and all seems to be well now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report