Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network License Question

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
151 Views, 2 Replies

Network License Question

Currently we have stand-alone licenses here in our office. We are discussing going to network licenses in order to save some money rather than buying a stand-alone license for a machine that might use LDD 1-2 times a week. On each machine that has LDD installed on it, a user can launch a "Land Enabled AutoDesk Map" (LEM) application/license (in order to access multiple drawings at one time as needed) and can launch a standard "Land Desktop" (LDD) application/license to access a drawing where LDD commands are needed. Therefore, these two items are utilized with one stand-alone license. When we move to a network license, we will still be able to "grab" a LEM and a LDD license with each network license of LDD? I am suspecting that we will only be able to grab one. Any input is appreciated. Andrew Roberts
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
patrick_aps
in reply to: Anonymous

I think it will.
I only have Acad 2005 pure (1 network license) but I am able to start multiple autoCAD sessions on the same computer.
With another vendor, we have 5 lic of the basic software and 1 of the Pro on a FlexLM server. We associated the extention with the basic software, so if anyone doulbeclicks on a flie, the base software is launced. When someone needs the Pro version, the has to go via the Start-> Programs..

So if you can buy a LEM separate, perhaps you need less LDD licenses...
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

So my understanding is that with your 1 network license, you have been able to start multiple ACAD sessions on the same computer. Hopefully that is the case for others as well. Yes, I am looking into trying to purchase just a LEM license if possible to save some money there as well. Thanks for the input. "patrick_aps" wrote in message news:29922466.1082537850920.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I think it will. > I only have Acad 2005 pure (1 network license) but I am able to start multiple autoCAD sessions on the same computer. > With another vendor, we have 5 lic of the basic software and 1 of the Pro on a FlexLM server. We associated the extention with the basic software, so if anyone doulbeclicks on a flie, the base software is launced. When someone needs the Pro version, the has to go via the Start-> Programs.. > > So if you can buy a LEM separate, perhaps you need less LDD licenses...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report