Installation & Licensing

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 11 of 13 (93 Views)

Re: Network License Manager Concerns

01-10-2013 01:16 PM in reply to: cnuckels

if your postive about that then leave them both running

its really an honor system if you are exceding the number of license you purchased by running both at the time

the right thing to do is not run both

cnuckels
Message 12 of 13 (91 Views)

01-10-2013 01:19 PM in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks I appricate the help. I'm 100% positive that no one will be exceeding their license count, as I will be removing the old software as it upgrades to the new version and new license server. I have a seat for every user in the enviroment, so that shouldn't be a problem either as far as someone sharing a seat and going over.

I'm just looking forward to having a nice clean file with only the current stuff in it, and finally being done with the whole process. :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

cnuckels
Message 13 of 13 (66 Views)

01-15-2013 06:07 PM in reply to: DarrenP
5 plus years of old junk in the license file. It's not so much the moving, as I will have folks installing 2013 instead of the mishmash of 2010 and 2011 they are on now. It's the serial changes and I don't want to cause downtime for folks using the software now. So that's where I came up with the idea of a new license server to avoid those potential issues. Sent from my iPhone

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube