Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network License Error

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1456 Views, 12 Replies

Network License Error

I completely uninstalled all Autodesk products from a machine. After I reinstalled ABS 2007.1 from my network deployment I get the following error when I open files:

"Network License is invalid or license server is down. Correct and Retry....."

My LMTools is up & running, I have stopped the license server, restarted & re-read the lic file. All other clients ABS work fine without this error.

What is causing this?
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

When I "Perform Status Enquiry" I see "(linger: 642360)" on the client name. Does this mean a license is borrowed?

I have tried opening ABS & borrowing a license & returning it. Also on the Borrowing tab in LMTools I tried forcing a return.
Message 3 of 13
TravisNave

It does mean that the license is borrowed. And also, you can not use the force return on the Borrowing tab until you have successfully modified your LMTOOLS settings. However, Autodesk does not support this method.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

How do I modify these settings? Forced return is a feature I will need to have available in the future.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

One way around it is to rename the pc that borrowed the license. This will allow you to request & use a new license.

I still have a license that is being used that I need to return though. I'm going to wait a week or two and see if automatically comes back to the server.
Message 6 of 13
TravisNave

Why not just Stop the LMTOOLS service and restart it. This will release a hung borrowed license. Of course, it will release them all as well, which may have undesired effects. But it should work.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

That was the first thing I tried. Even using "Force server shutdown" option checked.

Email me the settings modification
cad.position at gmail dot com
Message 8 of 13
TravisNave

Not checking that box should release your hung borrowed licenses.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

It does not release the borrowed license.
Message 10 of 13
TravisNave

Stop the service. Kill the adskflex.exe and lmgrd.exe processes in task manager. Overwrite the adskflex.exe and lmgrd.exe files from the CD. Restart the service.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

Nice try. Didn't work though.
Message 12 of 13
TravisNave

Impossible. Something is running somewhere that remembers that a license is borrowed. There is a process hanging around. Are you only running a single license server or do you have more than one license manager?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

The borrow finally timed out! I have access to all my licenses now.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report