Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network License [Error [-96.491.0]

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
3dtayo
10897 Views, 5 Replies

Network License [Error [-96.491.0]

Error [-96.491.0] A valid license could not be obtained by network license manager Some of the suggestions that I did; 1. Renamed Cascadeinfo.cas (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Licensing-Error-96-491-0/td-p/2699439) it didn't work. 2. Performed System variable settings (Go to: Start > Settings > Control Panel > System > Advanced > Environment Variables) eg. ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE @servername 3. Disabled firewall (made an exclusion for ports 2080 and 27000~27009 ). In the end, I enabled firewall by default. 4. Modification of Hosts from the client located at C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc added the IP Address and Server name. (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Invalid-License-for-Civil-3D-2010/td-p/2716215) These were the things that I’ve done. If you know any other solution(s). I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Jerome
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: 3dtayo

a -96 error messages means: License server machine is down or not responding.

you may want to look at the license server side to see if its actually running

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

Yep, Darren is right.  I have been seeing this more lately on Server 2008 R2 where the adskflex.exe starts then stops but the lmgrd.exe service keeps running.  In most cases it turns out to be firewall and IPv6 related. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 6
3dtayo

Thanks a lot for the help. This is solved.

Message 5 of 6
phil-mcam

I'm sorry, but I cannot see in this post what the solution is. For those of us unfamiliar with IPV4 vs IPV6 issues, could someone please elaborate?

I am getting this same type of error. Mine is Error [-96.7.2] and I can't get a license.

My license server is up and running, providing licenses to all who ask except this one machine. LM TOOLS reports having a license available for the software requesting it.

Machines that can pull licenses: Win7 64 brand new Dell laptop, and also older Vista 32bit HP laptops. No problem.

Machine not able to get license: brand new Macbook Pro. AutoCAD for Mac installed trying to pull a license for it. This machine is positively connected to the license server.

License server: XP Pro 2002, SP3

Any suggestions? And thanks for your time and consideration.

-Phil

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6
phil-mcam
in reply to: phil-mcam

Okay, I figured it out with a little help from Autodesk Tech support. So in the interest of anyone who can find this in a search string, here's the fix, in enumerated steps, very clear and specific, hopefully of actual use to someone in the future. 

Mac unable to get license from server

1. We remove the Flexnet folder from the below location. These files can become corrupt and are automatically re-generated so can be removed for basic license issues / troubleshooting
/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data
/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data.backup

2. We could not connect to the server via Hostname so we used the IP address instead. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report