Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network License Error [1.5.-15] and IPv6

68 REPLIES 68
SOLVED
Message 1 of 69
TravisNave
80079 Views, 68 Replies

Network License Error [1.5.-15] and IPv6

PROBLEM: You launch your Autodesk product and receive a the FlexLM License Finder box and after specifying the License Server System, you are presented with the following error:

nlmfinder.jpg

The network license manager was not able to get a valid license. If this problem continues, please contact your system administrator. Error [1.5.-15]

CAUSE:  Your Autodesk Network License Manager is installed on a Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista/7 machine and/or your NLM and Autodesk product exist on the same workstation with IPv6 enabled.

RESOLUTION:  If your NLM and your Autodesk product are installed on the same workstation, verify that the connection made to the NLM is not via IPv6.  If so, disable IPv6 or redirect the protocol to use IPv4 instead.

Method #1:  Verify connectivity with your NLM server by opening a command prompt (Start > Run > CMD) and PING your server hostname:

pingipv4.jpg

A typical IPv6 response for localhost loopback when the NLM is on the same machine may be ::1 or it may be a full IPv6 address such as 3ffe:1900:4545:3:200:f8ff:fe21:67cf.  Your results may look different.  If the response is an IPv6 as in the picture above, then you need to disable IPv6 on your Network LAN settings and verify PING again to ensure it has an IPv4 address in the format of xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.  For more configuration changes, continue on to Method #2. 

For more information on how to disable IPv6 in Microsoft Windows Vista and 7, please see the following Microsoft KB support article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852/en-us

Method #2:  If you are unable to disable IPv6 or have a need for IPv6 on your network, then you can make a change to your system HOSTS file to redirect the protocol to use an IPv4 address instead. 

Verify that connectivity to the NLM server is using IPv6 as described in Method #1.  If your response in an IPv6, then you need to edit your HOSTS file to point the server hostname to an IPv4 address instead.  You will need Administrative rights for this process. 

First ensure that the User Account Control (UAC) in Windows is disabled.  Open the Control Panel and choose System and Security:

control_panel_system_security.jpg

Then choose Change User Account Control settings:

control_panel_change_user_account_control.jpg

Finally, disable the UAC option by setting it to Never notify:

control_panel_turn_off_uac.jpg

Now you should be able to open and edit the Windows HOSTS file to make the necessary changes.  Find the file in the following location:

C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc

Open the hosts file with Notepad.exe.  You should have Administrator privileges when performing this task.  If the file is Read-only, you may need to make the file writable from within the file properties dialog box. 

Your HOSTS file should appear similar to the image below. 

If your NLM and Autodesk product are on the same machine:

First, comment out the IPv6 localhost address of ::1 by adding a # sign.  Then add your hostname behind the IPv4 localhost 127.0.0.1 address as shown.  Save the file and close Notepad. 

hosts.jpg

If your NLM is on a different server than your client installed software:

Create a new entry for your NLM server with the correct IPv4 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx formatted address followed by your server hostname and save the file then close Notepad. 

Verify IPv4 connectivity by opening the Command prompt and PING the server hostname.  It should now read the appropriate IPv4 response.  If your NLM is local, it should read 127.0.0.1.  If the NLM is on a server, it should read the IP address of your server. 

pingipv4.jpg

Launch your Autodesk product.  It should now launch and obtain a license as appropriate. 

For more information about Autodesk compatibility with IPv6, please see the following Autodesk Support KB article here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13107015&linkID=9261340

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Tags (1)
68 REPLIES 68
Message 41 of 69
joel
in reply to: miketric

Bom dia estou com esse erro e não consigo resolve-lo meu LMTOOLS esta funcionando corretamente mas quando vou ativar o auto cad 2014 va rede em outra maquina apresenta erro de licença -15.570.0.

pode me ajudar por favor

Message 42 of 69
TravisNave
in reply to: joel

@joel wrote:

Bom dia estou com esse erro e não consigo resolve-lo meu LMTOOLS esta funcionando corretamente mas quando vou ativar o auto cad 2014 va rede em outra maquina apresenta erro de licença -15.570.0.

pode me ajudar por favor

Usando o Internet Explorer tentar http://servername:27000 e http://servername:2080. Certifique-se que ambos respondem com uma página de jargão. Isso garante que as portas estão abertas. Além disso, PING por hostname e certifique-se de obter um endereço IPv4 padrão e não um IPv6.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 43 of 69
dani.dagostino
in reply to: TravisNave

Hello to every one,

After installing the autodesk simulation CFD 2013, the same error occurs on my pc. I followed the guide which was posted by TrevisNave, but it is still not running. In particular, after adding the hostname in the hosts file, the PING command in the prompt gives always the same results. Can anyone help me?

Message 44 of 69
dembkod
in reply to: dani.dagostino

dani.dagostino

Hello. Are there licenses running when you perform a status Enquiry in LMTOOLS?

Did you try a license variable?

1.)           Right-click the My Computer icon.

2.)           Click the Advanced tab.

3.)           Click "Environment Variables".

4.)           Under the System Variables window, click "New".

5.)           In the Variable name field enter ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE

6.)           In the Variable value field enter @YOUR_SERVER_IP_ADDRESS

7.)           Click "Okay".

You can also edit the LICPATH.lic file

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 45 of 69
DarrenP
in reply to: dembkod

what version of CFD are you trying to run

advanced, motion, design study?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 46 of 69
TravisNave

Your hosts file is still commented out with a # sign on your 127.0.0.1 localhost.  Remove the # sign and save.  Then test again with PING.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 47 of 69
dani.dagostino

Thank you for your answers.

Yes, thanks Trevis. Now the ping operation gives the exact result, but the program is still not working. In particular the license finder gives me ok, but then the error window appears. what else can i do?

Hi dembkod,

is it correct to put in variable value field : @DANILO_PC_127.0.0.1 ?

Message 48 of 69
TravisNave

I assume that you are running the license manager on your own machine and that your Autodesk program is on the same machine, correct?

Your variable value should be:

@DANILO_PC or @127.0.0.1

You also need to make sure that there is a firewall exception made for all four .exe files for the license manager and/or ports 27000 and 2080.   Your license manager is running and showing licenses, correct?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 49 of 69
dembkod

dani.dagostino,

Hello. Your variable would be different. If the license server is on the same machine your variable would be:

ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE

@127.0.0.1;@DANILO_PC

This would direct the DANILO_PC machine to look at itself for a license. I would use BOTH these values, just to make sure the variable is correct.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 50 of 69
dani.dagostino

Yes, my license manager and my autodesk program are both on the same machine. I did as you wrote, that is I setted the value you specified, but it does not work.

Travis, as you suggested to miketric, in the second message of the second page of this discussion, i tried to check for the port connectivity by going with internet explorer to:

http://danilo-pc:2080

http://danilo-pc:27000

Both of the links give me :"The page cennot be displayed"....

Message 51 of 69
TravisNave

I was going to have you do that check.  So if those ports are not open, either the services are not running or you have a firewall blocking them.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 52 of 69
dani.dagostino

So what can i do?

Message 53 of 69
TravisNave

First launch your LMTOOLS and perform a status enquiry.  Make sure it is running and licenses are available.  If you are using the Windows firewall, make the exceptions there.  If it is a 3rd party, you'll have to look at the documentation on how to accomplish that.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 54 of 69
dani.dagostino

Ok, thank you for your advices!

Message 55 of 69
redrock401

I have a question for Travis.  I have read this thread, and didn't see anything directly relating to the issue I am having.  I am running the 2014 version of Civil3d.  The NLM works sometimes on my PC, and other times it doesn't.  It is giving the same error as discussed before in this thread.  I can't seem to figure out why it would work today and not tomorrow, when there are plent of licenses left to use.  I hope you or someone out there can help me resolve this issue.  I pinged the IP and NLM host name, they both came back good.  I tried going into environmental variables and adding a new system variable, with no luck.  Maybe I am missing something simple.  Our NLM is not in our office, if that helps.  Thank you!

Message 56 of 69
TravisNave
in reply to: redrock401

Because it sometimes works and is not in your office, it is almost certainly a latency issue.

Try the FLEXLM_TIMEOUT system environment variable and start with one-million and move up a million if needed. 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-A...

Good Luck!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 57 of 69
redrock401

That did it!!  Thank you so much Travis!   

Message 58 of 69
scottmoyse

Here is the solution to the Autodesk Vault 2015 LicensingError [319] (20) I was having. None of the solutions in this thread helped me in this case unfortunately. So I thought I would share my post here in case anyone else upgrading to Vault Workgroup or Professional 2015 suddenly finds their license server isn't dishing out the goods anymore.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 59 of 69
TravisNave
in reply to: scottmoyse

Thanks for sharing Scott.  I am testing this further as I was able to obtain licenses on 11.7.  Subsequently on any Windows 8 / Server 2008-2012 server, I have *always* had problems getting 11.9, 11.10, or 11.11 working.  I am glad they fixed it on 11.12, but so far 11.7 still works.  I will test more products in the 2015 line but looks like 11.12 is the way to go moving forward.

Thanks again!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 60 of 69
thomes

hi,

running windows server2003 32bit i installed the 32 bit ipv4 version of lmtools. at the server there was ipv6 installed but deactivated !

so lmtools had ipv6 ip adress. i don´t really understand why an ipv4 installer takes a ipv6 ip. bad programming!

so after deinstalling ipv6 and rebooting the server the lmtools had ipv4 ip and gave all the licenses without problem.

thomes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report