Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Licence Manager Remote Installation

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
stephen.oakden
502 Views, 6 Replies

Network Licence Manager Remote Installation

Hi

I am trying to set up the Network Licence Manager on a remote server so that users can log into it from multiple locations.  The basic idea is that Autodesk software will be installed and run on the local machine, however, it will obtain its licence by looking to a remote server.

I have checked the IP address of the server and it is visible and I am advised that the necessary ports have been opened.  When I  try to run the software Flexnet Licence Finder completes in what appears to be a satisfactory way - This is using the IP address as the server name.  However the software returns an error -15.570.0 - "A valid licence could not be obtained by the network licence manager".

The only anomally I can think of is that when the licences manager file was provided by AutoDesk it had the server name rather than the IP address in its information.

Does any one have any ideas.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi Stephen,

Sorry to hear that you encounter issue reaching your license server.

Please refer yourself to the following technical documentation in our Autodesk Knowledge database in order to resolve the issue:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=5913679&linkID=9240617

Please let us know if it enables you to solve the issue.

Thanks

Yannick Karawa
Message 3 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: Yannick.Karawa

this could also be caused by IPv6

does your server have IPv6 enabled?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

I agree with Darren.  These days -15 is more associated with an IPv6 issue.  Make sure your NLM is running and licenses are showing available.  Then see the IPv6 fix provided.

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Definitely update us.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7

Guys

Many thanks for your responses.

Yannick - Will carry out the tests suggested in the article you sent to me and will let you know how we get on.

Darren & Travis  Your point on IP v6 is noted.  Unfortunately the server is runnin IP v4.  I am checking to make sure the correct version of licence manager is running.

I will update you all tomorrow on how we get on.

Many thanks

Stephen

Message 6 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: stephen.oakden

Sounds good. You'll want to verify with PING on that server hostname that
the response is still IPv4. I have seen stranger things...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 7
stephen.oakden
in reply to: TravisNave

Just to let you all know that following a review of the Ports and and making a few tweaks to the environmental varialbles and a host file it all seems to be working fine.

Many thanks for your input.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report