Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
michael.dicaro
180 Views, 1 Reply

Network Installations

I recently downloaded and setup a number of the autodesk applications. I created deployments for each one so it would make life easier for installation. Upon testing the deployement i am having issues. Basically when i click  on the link to run the install if just hangs as though it is installing but really it is doing nothing. I eventually after 10 mins stop it. I have tried in different ways but canty seem to get the install to run. Any ideas?

Ronnie

rramlogan@lynbrook.k12.ny.us

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: michael.dicaro

Here are some recommendations for making deployments and installing them:

1.  Make the deployment share as short as possible.  I typically recommend the UNC path as \\servername\share.  Do not use local or mapped drives.

2.  Make sure the share permissions and the folder permissions for the share have full write access.  I typically give the everyone account full access.

3.  Make sure the client installs from the shortcut created in the root of the share.

4.  Make sure the client has local admin rights

5.  Make sure anti-virus is off, temporarily, during installation.

6.  Make sure UAC is off on the client.

It is also generally a good idea to make sure the client has already met prerequisite installations before deployment. 

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report