Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Installation via Internet

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mbyee28
297 Views, 5 Replies

Network Installation via Internet

Good Day!

I need help if this set-up is possible: Here's the scenario, There are three remote offices that are connected only via internet (through public IPs). Each offices has its own server. Office1 is the license server(Server1), where the LM Tool is installed. In Office1, we have already deployed to the client workstations and each has accessed the licnse from the server. Now, would it be possible for Server2 (which is in Office2) to obtain license in Server1 for its client workstations in Office2? Same scenario for remote Office3.

There are no other connection but through internet...Would this architechture be possible?Any issues we need to know? If not, would redundant or Distributed set-up do? How can we install the admin image? Hope you can help. Enlighten us please..Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: mbyee28

Yes, this is technically possible. However, providing license connectivity over the open Internet violates the EULA. To remain 'legal' you should probably configure each location to use a distributive setup.

3.2.4 Hosting or Third Party Use. You may not Install or Access, or allow the Installation or Access of, the Autodesk Materials over the Internet, including, without limitation, use in connection with a Web hosting, commercial time-sharing, service bureau or similar service, or make the Autodesk Materials available to third parties via the Internet on Your computer system or otherwise. The foregoing does not prohibit Network Version VPN Access in accordance with the terms of Section 3.1.2(b) (VPN Access for Network Versions).

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

If your in the same Domain or IP address range it should be ok.
Message 4 of 6
mbyee28

Here's an update: We have already set-up a VPN. We are trying to install AutoCAD in a remote PC, using the Media Browser there's a step to browse or write the server name. If I write the server name, it displays an error. If I browse thru the location of the server in the Network places, I can't seem to find the server. How can this be? Am I missing a step in the VPN creation? Should the server be part of a certain domain in the VPN? Should it be the domain controller?

Hope you can help...Thanks!
Message 5 of 6
cy_shuster

If the VPN is working correctly, it makes your PC function just as though it
were on the local LAN at the office.

Figure out whether the problem is with the VPN or not.

--Cy--
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

FLEXLM_TIMEOUT=1000000

htttp://autocadblog.blogspot.com/2007/10/flexlm-timeout-on-slow-network.html

might explain the problem. AutoCad 2007 has been "enhanced" so that it
requires more bandwidth and stands less latency.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report