Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Installation Image only allows for single user

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
134 Views, 1 Reply

Network Installation Image only allows for single user

We've had a reoccurring problem with our Network installation image of ADT 2005. It works fine when the first user logs into it and we load the default "AutoCAD" profile which redirects some of the "Files" paths to the server. It works fine for the first user. However, every subsequent user on that machine, will get the "Menu Load Failed" upon start-up. In most cases, it appears to be looking for the menu in the users Documents and Settings folder. Then, if you attempt to reload the very same profile, that worked for the first user, you get the menu load error. The only option is to uninstall and reinstall the program. Then it works for the first user again, but none of the subsequent users. I've seen similar posts for AutoCAD 2004, and a dll that was released for that version... but nothing for 2005. Does anyone have any suggestions or know what I might be doing wrong? I appreciate any suggestions. Chuck
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

For the benefit of the group: It appears this problem is being caused by McAfee Virus scanner. When On-Acess Scan is disabled, we do not have this problem. I am going to try and figure out exactly what setting in the virus scanner is causing the AutoCAD Installer to fail for subsequent users after the initial install. If anyone has any ideas, I'd sure appreciate it. "Chuck Blackford" wrote in message news:41260b0c$1_2@newsprd01... > We've had a reoccurring problem with our Network installation image of ADT > 2005. It works fine when the first user logs into it and we load the default > "AutoCAD" profile which redirects some of the "Files" paths to the server. > It works fine for the first user. However, every subsequent user on that > machine, will get the "Menu Load Failed" upon start-up. In most cases, it > appears to be looking for the menu in the users Documents and Settings > folder. Then, if you attempt to reload the very same profile, that worked > for the first user, you get the menu load error. The only option is to > uninstall and reinstall the program. Then it works for the first user again, > but none of the subsequent users. I've seen similar posts for AutoCAD 2004, > and a dll that was released for that version... but nothing for 2005. Does > anyone have any suggestions or know what I might be doing wrong? > > I appreciate any suggestions. > > > > Chuck > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report