Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
160 Views, 1 Reply

Network Ideas

Im working on the idea of starting up a Drafting consulting company geared toward taking on overflow work from architects and other professionals. My vision is to employ drafters on a part time basis from home. Students or professionals who want to earn a little extra cash. The client would submit the work to me I would then upload it to a server of some kind and my employees would be assigned a portion of the job to complete within a timeframe. It would then be compiled and review by me and sent on making the job very quick because many hands make light work. I would need to have the ability to manage my employees remotley. I would need to monitor how long they worked on the job and when, what files they accessed, I would need to be able to restrict them from access to all but the files assigned to them. And most importantly I would preffer that they access AutoCAD via this server remotley, that way I wouldnt have to worry about only employing drafters with a personal copy of Autocad. Could I purchase a multiple license and have employees accessing Autocad through this network? Has anything like im describing been done before? Will Autocad accomidate this. Please give me your thoughts. Thankyou.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You would probably be better off running this past your local reseller.

John Postlewait
IS Department
George Butler Associates, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report