Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWorking Licensing Vs Stand Alone License

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
davides22
324 Views, 2 Replies

NetWorking Licensing Vs Stand Alone License

Hi. I work in a company that his main bussiness is not CAD. We need inventor to make some parts and to read some customers design. My company is planning acquire 1 additional inventor licenses but we are not sure wich is best option for us.

Networking or Stand Alone

We have several users (5-7) that only need inventor for no more than 2 hours at week very ligth job but very important

We have 1 user that needs inventor on a daliy basis (>20 hours week)

We have 1 user that needs inventor only for work in temporary projects.

I have read about networking licensing but is it recommendable with just 2 licenses?

I know that you dont have quotes through this media but just to have a reference is the price of a networking license different from stand alone license (ex. 20%more 30%more)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi davides22,

Just a suggestion, please also post it in the Installation & Licensing forum (link is http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24 ) to get more License experts to take a look and reply their suggestions.

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: davides22

Choosing a network seat is generally always the best option if you are going to have more than one user that needs the seat.  Stand-alone is good for one person who always nees the license all the time.  If you have any kind of need for sharing, network is the only way to go.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report