Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with installation!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kblackm3
164 Views, 2 Replies

Need help with installation!

I have just tried downloading the 2015 autocad 3 year student version but a screen is popping up telling me...

"the installation package was moved from the install location, which is not supported"

"the Autodesk website was closed or manually refreshed before the installer launched"

"A firewall has blocked the network ports".

I get what it is saying but im not sure how to correct any of those. Any ideas???

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jessica.t
in reply to: kblackm3

Hi @kblackm3 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please try this these steps to help resolve your download error:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download your software from the Virtual Agent

Be sure to let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance. Or please "Accept as a Solution" if this post resolves your issue so that others with this same question can more easily find an answer. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 3
AnkushVed
in reply to: kblackm3

Try going back to the autodesk web page from where you initiated the download first time and download the minified setup.exe again. Wait on the web page till the time download of that setup exe completes and then run the exe. Close or refresh the web page only when the installer welcome screen is launched. 

Hope this helps,

Ankush

Ankush Ved
Product Manager, Autodesk Licensing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report