Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Simulate 2013 - Unable to install Service Pack 2

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
GregBishop5164
963 Views, 5 Replies

Navisworks Simulate 2013 - Unable to install Service Pack 2

I have just recently installed Navisworks Simulate 2013 on a Dell computer running Windwos 7- 64 bit operating system. I am trying to update the software to Service Pack 2. I download the installer package named "Autodesk_Navisworks_2013_Service_Pack_2_Multilingual_Simulate_64bit.msp" to my downloads folder and double click to install the update. I then recieve an error message titled "Windows Installer" that says "This patch package could not be opened. Contact the applicatin vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows installer patch package". Everything that I have done is the same as what is recomended in the Read Me File. 

Thank-you in advance for any help

Greg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: GregBishop5164

Maybe it is a corrupted download?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
GregBishop5164
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for your reply

Yes I have tried a number of different ways to install the service pack. I have tried twice to install the download by having the installer open automatically to install. Both times the installer aborted. I have also tried twice to install the download by saving the file to my hard rive and then double clicking the file to execute. I have deleted the previous installer files and then restarted my computer without any difference.

The "about Navisworks Simulate" indicates that I have "Version 10.2.0.91043 Built Sept 7 2012" It does not indicate that I have any service packe installed.

Thank-you

Greg
Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

I suspect that based on the date of your build, your installer was already SP2.  Autodesk often releases their installations with the service packs already included.  SP2 came out in August of 2012, so based on the fact that your release is September, I would imagine this is why you are unable to install your update.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
emily.xu

Travis is correct. The version 10.2.0.91043 is the build for NS SP2. You can check that in the Control Panel - Programs and Features - View installed updates.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 6 of 6
GregBishop5164
in reply to: emily.xu

OK. I See that you are correct.

It would be great if the "About Navisworks" screen would update with the information that the latest build or Service Pack has been installed to simplify answereing that question. As I remember that information used to be always shown in that location, at least for other autocad software.

Thank-you 

Greg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report