Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Navisworks Manage network license 2014 - license lost while working

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jwmcvzamora
1274 Views, 8 Replies

Navisworks Manage network license 2014 - license lost while working

We have 3 or 4 out of 28 users that while running Navisworks Manage 2014 at the same time, their license are being disconnected while currently working. They are also using Autocad at the same time. It's only Navisworks Manage which is disconnecting. If it's the network connection then both autocad and manage should be disconnected. I've already checked the LAN cables, switches, etc. and everything are good. The inactivity is set to 90 minutes in the option file. Attached is the picture of the error.

It has been ongoing for 4 months now.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: jwmcvzamora

You might post a debug.log file as it might have some insight as to the failure.  Also, you might consider the FLEXLM_TIMEOUT system environment variable if it is indeed a latency issue. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
jwmcvzamora
in reply to: TravisNave

Can you expand what to do and where to find the FLEXLM_TIMEOUT system environment variable? What should be the value? Also, where to find the debug.log?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

Absolutely.  The FLEXLM_TIMEOUT is a system environment variable set on the client machines.  It lengthens the amount of wait time for a heartbeat.  It is generally best to start at 1000000 (one-million) and move up in million increments (one second each) for additional testing.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-A...

Also, the debug log should be created by your license manager.  It's location is listed in the config services tab of LMTOOLS on your license manager server.

Hope that helps.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
jwmcvzamora

Attached is the debug log file as requested.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 9
jwmcvzamora

We can get a license no problem with that. The issue is when the user is currently using NW Manage, the license is lost. It will kick him out while actively using it. See attached error window in my first post.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 9
TravisNave

Right.  Okay, so I think there might be a couple of issues going on.  You might have a problem with some of your cascading because I do see some unsupported errors.  That could be more related to a corrupt cascadeinfo.cas file on that client machine.  Deleting it should resolve those issues.

Now, I also see the TIMEOUTALL is working because there are users that are going inactive and their license is being returned.  What seems to be happening though is that you are running out of licenses.  During the inactivity times, there are also -4 errors showing you are out of seats.  Thus when the inactive license is returned, there are none available when the application is active again.  It then closes.  This is actually by design and what the TIMEOUTALL is supposed to do. That way there are no licenses being hoarded.  Honestly, you might simply be short on Navis seats. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 9
jwmcvzamora

Wow! Thanks for the insight! Very informative...

Last question, where do I find the cascadeinfo.cas file on the the client machine?

Thanks again!

Message 9 of 9
TravisNave

Assuming it is the client, you can find it under
C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm. You can safely delete the file for any user
that experiences this problem.

Lemme know if you need anything else.

Travis

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report