Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
278 Views, 2 Replies

NLM Server Name

In previous versions (before 2009), when preparing a Network Deployment, one could define the Server Name as the IP address to the Network License Manager Server.
Now, in 2009, the Deployment Wizard only accepts a text name. It says the IP is not acceptable.
The problem is, Server names have to be stated in Windows (as Hosts) in every computer you want to deploy the Network license, or else they aren't resolved.
IP is a much cleaner solution.

Is there a way I can set the Server Name to an IP?
Or, can I edit the deployment after it is created and replace the server name for the IP?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

If all of your clients use a hosts file to resolve to the servername, then putting the proper servername should work just fine.

Alternately, you can always provide a system environment variable to point to the correct location.

All you are doing with a hosts file is providing the system with information it would have received from the DNS or WINS server. You should be just fine.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Solved.
Thank you.

See also http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5929180磜 Message was edited by: CadManagerCML

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report