Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW COMPUTERS 32 bit to 64 bit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
WILLIAMF
244 Views, 4 Replies

NEW COMPUTERS 32 bit to 64 bit

We have purchased new computers 64 bit windows 7. We currently run 32 bit edition of Invemtor 2012 product design suite. If I ust the licecnse transfer utilty and import the software back to the new computers will it be the 64 bit version??

Also can I just install the software on the new computer and get a new activation code instead of using the LTU ?

Thanks

Dell Precision 5820
Windows 10Pro
Quad Core Intel Xeon
32 Gb SDRam
NVIDIA Quadro
Product Design Suite 2019 Ultimate
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

You can transfer a license from a 32 bit to 64 bit version of the software. You can simply install the software but you NEED TO TRANSFER your license using LTU.

Hope this helps.

Timmy De Austria
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog | If my reply was helpful, please Kudo or Accept as Solution. 😉
Message 3 of 5

Do I need to trnasfer each program, Inventor, ACAD, Mud box, Showcase etc  or will just one do?

Also at what stage do I tranfer fro 32 bit to 64 bit?

Thanks

Dell Precision 5820
Windows 10Pro
Quad Core Intel Xeon
32 Gb SDRam
NVIDIA Quadro
Message 4 of 5

Since it is a Suite, you just need to transfer 1 license. When you transfer a license, you are transferring the License for the whole suite. Unless, you have other products that is not part of the suite.

You can transfer your license from the 32 to 64bit anytime but right before the 30 day trial expires on the new installation.

Timmy De Austria
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog | If my reply was helpful, please Kudo or Accept as Solution. 😉
Message 5 of 5

Great!  thanks for the help

Dell Precision 5820
Windows 10Pro
Quad Core Intel Xeon
32 Gb SDRam
NVIDIA Quadro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report