Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NETWORK LICENSE SPECIAL ARRANGEMENT

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
neil.fernandes
413 Views, 7 Replies

NETWORK LICENSE SPECIAL ARRANGEMENT

Hi to all,

My request is a bit strange, but I need it to simplify our IT department tasks.

I have 10 seats of NLM AutoCAD 2008 & 15 Seats of AutoCAD Revit Architecture 2008 Suite.

As we all know that Revit suite 2008 comes with the AutoCAD 2008 CD.

The confusion for us is that we have to istall the same AutoCAD 2008 from the two different installation CD (AutoCAD 2008 installation CD & Revit Architecture AutoCAD 2008 Installation CD) inorder to use all the NLM License file seats available. But our organization has still not implemented Revit Architecture 2008 and so no user uses it, and so we also do not install it on client workstations.

I need an arrangement in the NLM license file that will allow us to install AutoCAD 2008 from one installation CD itself, so that if a 11 autocad user start autocad a license from the revit Suite is utilized.

This will allow us to install AutoCAD from one media DVD and also use all the seats available in our NLM license file.

Is such an arrangement possible

Your help in this matter is appreciated.

regards to all,

neil
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: neil.fernandes

As far as I know, this is not possible. The Feature code of AutoCAD from the Revit Series is marked to take a Revit license.

However, proper PLIST cascading of AutoCAD 2008 and Revit Licenses are possible if set up correctly. This would potentially allow you to do what you are asking.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=8012028&linkID=9243142

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8

Thanks Travis

Is this legal !
And if i send a reqest for the same to Autodesk Activation will they do it for me.

I do not understand any thing in the NLM license file, but i do see the PLIST word mentioned there followed by some ALPHA-NUMERICS

Could you help me do this?

Thanks for your support & help

regards,
Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

This is legal. It is how the NLM is supposed to work.

Get your license file from Autodesk that has both of your products. Combine them into one license file. Autodesk can do this for you. Your license file will also contain the PLIST increment at the bottom that will handle the license rollover.

All you can do at that point is install your products and see if the rollover works. That is basically all there is to it.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8

Hi Travis
I do not know if you understood what i mean, I have tried explaining again as below.

I have just one NLM license file received from AUTODESK with both products i.e.
AutoCAD 2008 - 10 NLM seats
AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite 2008 - 15 NLM Seats

When I do the installation on client workstations I make sure i install both softwares, meaning I make 25 AutoCAD 2008installations & 25 AutoCAD 2008 (Revit Suite -CD2)intallations
Doing so I am making sure that All 25 users can have access to a autoCAD license file.

But this leads to the same software (AutoCAD 2008)being installed 2 times on the client workstation the difference is only we have to install it from different DVD

Is there a way to make changes in the NLM license file that will allow me to use just install AutoCAD 2008 from one DVD,

this will save us from installaing the same AutoCAD twice from two seperate DVD

I NLM licesne file provided by Autodesk does not allow me to do this.

Thanks for your time and help

Regards,

neil
Message 6 of 8
brettgatti

Neil,

If you install AutoCAD using the Revit Suite flavor of AutoCAD you should be all set. You should not need to use the install disc for Vanilla AutoCAD. Only one install is needed and AutoCAD will determine which license bundle it can pull from.

Below is the way that the license hierarchy was explained to me by my reseller and confirmed by Autodesk. This is exactly how it is working in our office.

By default, AutoCAD will take the "cheapest license" first - meaning Vanilla AutoCAD. Once the Vanilla AutoCAD licenses are all consumed it will then start pulling licenses from the quantity available in the Revit Suite licensing.

You should use the serial number that is related to your Revit Suite licensing. Your license manager will sort out the rest.

Hopefully this answers your question.

Brett
Message 7 of 8
TravisNave

Correct.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 8

Thanx a lot

U all made my life simple

Thanks bgatti !!! & travis !!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report