Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 46
mjsiamuwele
32515 Views, 45 Replies

NETWORK ERROR

Hi,

i'm currently have AutoCad 2012, i'm trying to install AutoCad2013 but it keeps coming up with network error.  My internet connection is just fine.  I also tried the downloading option, I get to download manager and it gives that error message again. 

How can I resolve this?

Tags (1)
45 REPLIES 45
Message 21 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: amanda.k

when i try to install it Network ERROR occurs &

when i click on "download now" my computer says 'this app cannot run on your PC' and 'browser download' is very slow process it would take 

nearly 16 days to download .   .......""""""'""""PLEASE HELP""""""""""".....Smiley Sad

Message 22 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: amanda.k

how to speed up browser download.

Message 23 of 46
asburyj
in reply to: Anonymous

you would just need to be connected to a faster internet connection to speed the download. If you continue to have trouble with the download you may want to consider ordering an install media

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Jeffry Asbury
Message 24 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: philip.s

Hi Philip, 

I've tried the Download Manager and subsequently was installing it at a stage where it says "downloading items of 16 of 18" then it simply stopped and says "Network Error". I've clicked the Retry button a couple of times but the same "Network Error" message still persist. 

On the Autodesk Virtual Agent Link that you've provided, a window pops out and says "File Not Found" after selecting the product I need. 

Appreciate if you can assist as I require Autocad Educational Version for school urgently. Many thanks. 

Regards, 

Suphatta

Message 25 of 46
camilo.lemos

Hi @Anonymous ,

What product and version are you trying to download?

I'll look into the broken Virtual Agent link for you.

Thanks, 

Camilo Lemos

Message 26 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: asburyj

What is actually causing the network error? Surely someone has found a solution and/or created a patch so we can actually use the normal download.

However, as the 'network error' window comes up when attempting to download the 'Alkamai Netsession Client' is it possible the IP address this client is downloaded from may have either expired or been blocked by a firewall? 

Message 27 of 46
Anonymous

The Browser Download option worked perfectly!
Message 28 of 46
Anonymous

Ok so I realize this is an old thread but I feel it's still pretty relevant.

I'm trying to download Maya 2015 (Student) for a class at the University I go to. Most of my classmates have gotten it down without a hitch.

Except for me and about 8 others who keep getting this network error. I have the logs saved from one of my attemps but to keep it easy to read

I'll put my different attempt methods down and all the various things I've either been told to try or have tried each to no avail.

1. Normal download (Network error)

2. checked to make sure no files were installed and attempted again (to prevent wierd overlaps) Same error

3 checked again and tried the browser download. Same error

4. Tried this again redownloading it (Ethernet is not available for my dorm) cleared any old files and tried again Same error

Repeated the previous 4 but with my firewall disabled...same error.

Tried the previous 5 from a different hotspot on campus to see if it was the dorms...Same error.

the thing that bothers me the most is I got last years programs running fine with the downloader that year. It's just the 2015 versions that keep giving me trouble (I got told one story about someone who couldn't get max installed for an entire semester of 3dmodeling class and had to do everything from the lab computers)

Any help is appriciated as I'm fairly sure nothing the virtual agent is going to tell me to do isn't something I've already tried.

Message 29 of 46
dembkod

The virtual agent will download installation files without using a plugin. The download plugin is likely the problem you are running into. It is out of sync somehow. No idea why. 

Download the software from the Virtual agent, which is direct, or uninstall the Autodesk Download manager from the Control Panel. Could be referred to as the Akamai Netsession Interface too.

When you download again, if you use the website, it will download the plugin and install it again first- before it tries to download the software. Any antivirus running at this stage, or internet settings on the machine coudl affect the install or cause blocks. If you have any proxy settings in Internet Explorer it could affect teh connection as well.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 30 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: dembkod

ok I went ahead and tried the download via the virtual agent. Again same error.

I went ahead and submited a tech support request (under student) on the Autodesk website with my logs attached as well as my pc specs. Hopefully a solution to this error is found.

Message 31 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi Phillip, 

Thanks for your reply. I must have reinstalled the autocad several times and it worked. Right now, I am having the same problem with Autodesk Revit 2015 Student Version. Will you be able to help me? 

Many thanks. 

Suphatta

Message 32 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Sorry Camillo. I have gotten the name wrong. Sorry again. 

Message 33 of 46
philip.s

Hello Suphatta,

If you are getting a network error using Install Now the best available workaround is to use the Browser Download option which can also be found in the Autodesk Virtual Agent.

Typically in this case you are going to want to look through your install log to identify which component failed.

If you want to reply here with the log we would be happy to help troubleshoot. Otherwise I'd recommend searching in the community and/or on the Autodesk Knowledge Network for associated solutions.

Message 34 of 46
Anonymous

Hi Philip, 

I've tried the Autodesk Virtual Agent but when I try to install it says File Corrupted Error. 

I am not familiar with Install Log, but the last time I exit the installation with 4 red crosses on the components the program said it would install. Is this relevant?

Thanks, 

Suphatta

Message 35 of 46
lynn_zhang

Hi @Anonymous 

File corrupted normally indicates incomplete download. Can you check the downloaded file size and make sure that the download is complete? 

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 36 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: lynn_zhang

Hi Lynn, 

I've just left it to download for a while until finished. Tried with both Revit and Revit Architecture but results were the same, file corrupted.

The file sizes that I've downloaded are 2.1GB, are they complete?

Thanks, 

Suphatta

Message 37 of 46
jessica.t

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for the follow up! Could you try removing any residual downloads and then try re-downloading taking the following steps?:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

Please let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 38 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi Lynn, 

That worked out well ! Thank you !

Best regards,

Suphatta

Message 39 of 46
thesam1545
in reply to: mjsiamuwele

I had the same problem too. Problem solved by using Internet explorer instead of chrome.

Message 40 of 46
Anonymous

Why is the alternate download 'work-around' options not available for MoldFlow Advisor?   Seriously?   I'll probably have to keep posting this fact all over the community until AutoDesk fixes that.

I keep geting the 'Network Error' at the beginning few seconds after launching the installation manager.   And help for that problem is very hard to find.  😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report