Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP WITH PRODICT REINSTALLATION

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ahmad.brock
481 Views, 7 Replies

NEED HELP WITH PRODICT REINSTALLATION

I'm a tech at a large corporation and I had a user with an issue with her computer. I had to wipe her computer and reinstall the AutoCAD software. hen i went to activate it, i says that I have an invalid serial number. I'm trying to get an activation code, but I don't know  where to get it.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: ahmad.brock

Call your reseller. They can help you.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 8
ahmad.brock
in reply to: rkmcswain

I did that already. They're useless.

Message 4 of 8
rkmcswain

Time to find a new reseller IMO then.

Hang around and maybe @jessica.t can get you some help here.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 8
dgorsman

Could be several potential causes.  First, check your records for updates.  When new release notifications are sent out to subscription customers, the serial number will usually change and be included in the notification.  The new serial number will continue to work with several older versions, as outlined in your purchase agreement.  If you haven't been keeping up with Subscription (program for technical support and version maintenance) payments then the serial number associated with the last update version you paid for will be the one to look for.  If you have been keeping up with Subscription payments then your license agreement may not allow you activate that release if its prior to 3 versions previous to the current one.

I can't stress this enough to everybody: understand what you are paying for, what your entitlements are, what your restrictions are.  Know when older versions are out of support.  Keep records of your license numbers, even if you don't implement that version.  Keep proper backups of those records.  Keep proper backups of the installers, service packs, and hotfixes for the different versions.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 8
jessica.t

Hi @ahmad.brock,

I didn't see any serial numbers associated to your name when trying to research your license information, but we have a couple options for resolution:

1. You can contact our Activation and Registration directly by taking the following steps:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
     2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
     3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
     4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance.

2. You may also send me a send me a Private Message with the license information and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Apologies for all of the trouble, but we'll get this squared away for you. And thanks for all the help, @rkmcswain and @dgorsman ! Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher
Message 7 of 8
ahmad.brock
in reply to: jessica.t

Jessica, the serial is not under my name. I'm a IT Support Tech at Hyatt Corporation and it should be under that name.
Message 8 of 8
jessica.t

Hi @ahmad.brock,

The Hyatt Corp has 10 different accounts with dozens of serial numbers. As I did not receive a private message with you with the specific licensing information I would strongly suggest that you contact the Activation and Registration department as listed in my previous post. I will be leaving for the day soon and I would like you to get the help you need as quickly as possible. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report