Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Must Fusion 360 be installed from the target USER'S account and not Admin?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
I_B_Jones
773 Views, 5 Replies

Must Fusion 360 be installed from the target USER'S account and not Admin?

Hi. I've just installed Fusion 360 (trial) from my laptop Admin account - as is normal when installing new programs. However I of course want to use it from my own User account, not Admin. But it's not visible from my User account. Does this mean that I need to:

? Deinstall from Admin and re-install from my User account?

? Just move the Fusion files from Admin to similar places under my user account (unlikely as I suspect Reg settings etc. may not then agree).

? Copy the Fusion 360 desktop shortcut that's under Admin onto my User desktop and use that to start up.

? Something else.

It would be helpful if Autodesk made this clearer in their download/installation instructions - which are very brief indeed!!!

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: I_B_Jones

You should be able to launch the icon created for your Admin account and it will do the appropriate setups for your user account. 

During the initial install were you ever asked to make it available to this user or all users?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
I_B_Jones
in reply to: TravisNave

Hello TravisNave. Thanks for your reply.

By "You should be able to launch the icon created for your Admin account and it will do the appropriate setups for your user account." do you mean the Fusion360 desktop icon to start Fusion - because that's on my Admin desktop, so not accessible from my user account. Or do you mean the Fusion installer icon and in effect to install again in my user account? If so, should I de-install Fusion from my Admin account first? I'd rather not have redundant (AppData, etc.) folders and files left around in Admin.

During the install (run under my laptop's Admin account) it did not ask where I wanted the install done or for which users. It just installed under the Admin user I was logged in as. And there are no Fusion360 icons set on the desktop for other users, nor does it appear in the Start - All Programs list (except in Admin).

Message 4 of 6
waclaw.neumann
in reply to: I_B_Jones

so what is going on with f360? i also installed fusion 360 admin exe version under Admin account - i can;t install any progs under other with no admin rules. Then i switched to mine user account. I found start-programs-autodest-fusion360 then clicked it and... nothing. No splash screen, no errors... nothing. But there is fusion360 thread in Task Manager. Internet connection is ok, kaspersky is disabled.

What to do? Why there are so many problem to run this app?

Message 5 of 6

@waclaw.neumann

It sounds like you have corrupt install. Uninstall it and install it again.   Make sure you have full admin rights, UAC is turned off, clean out the user's account personal temp (%temp%) folder and disable your anti-virus if possible.  Good luck and report back on your progress

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 6

Thank you for tips. Problem solved. Used offline version and got admin pass:)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report