Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple problems install 3ds Max

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gymrat0226
1233 Views, 2 Replies

Multiple problems install 3ds Max

I'm really hoping someone can help me.  I've been trying to install 3ds Max 2013 on several different computers and they all have the same error. 

1. I downloaded Paralells as a trial first before I decide to buy it because this is the only program I can't run on a Mac.  The paralells works perfect.

2. Installed Windows 7 Professional. 

3. Downloaded 3ds Max 2013, 64 bit several different ways.  The final download was as a browser download.

4. First tried this install on my iMac 27", intel i5/2.7 Ghz, 12 gb ram.  I received the error "The system cannot open..." followed by "The system cannot open the device or file specified...Composite_2013.msi"  I also got the error message that it couldn't be install on the computer because of the processor or something like that.

5. Next I tried to install it on my macbook pro, 2.6 Ghz, intel i7, 8 gb ram. With this one I get the error that there's a communication error.  I made sure the firewall was off on the mac os and windows 7, also opened ports 80 and 443. 

6. Finally....decided to try on the PC laptop (that I'm dreading to use), Sony Vaio, i3, 2.27 Ghz, 4 gb ram.  I still get the same communication error. 

I don't know what to do.  My teacher told us we absolutely HAVE to have this at home and if we didn't then we'd better figure out how to.

Thank you for any kind of input!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
niel.nx
in reply to: gymrat0226

I am facing the same problem on my MacBook Pro. Man Sad

Message 3 of 3
niel.nx
in reply to: niel.nx

Hey mate,

I had the same issue earlier. I was trying to install the 64bit version of max. I didnt realize that the virtual pc using Parallels desktop 8 is running a 32 bit version for some reason.

So I tried installing the 32bit version of max and it worked.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report