Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple license servers/one computer?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jmcrosenbaum
453 Views, 5 Replies

Multiple license servers/one computer?

I am wondering if it's possible to run 2 versions of C3d from separate license servers on one single computer?

Thanks in advance,

jr

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: jmcrosenbaum

Welcome to the community.

To answer your question... most likely.  But to be clear, what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
jmcrosenbaum
in reply to: TravisNave

Working for 2 separate companies, so using only A's network license for A's projects and B's network license for B's projects. I would like to install both on one workstation so when I travel (and doing work for both), I'm not dragging 2 workstations along for the ride. 

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

I see what you mean.  You can only borrow two licenses for one product under the following circumstances:

1.  You login with a different user account and borrow the licenses as different users

2.  You borrow a license from one server using the hard-wired Ethernet NIC on one server and the your WiFi card on the second server

In either of these situations, you will have a borrowed license from each server for one application. 

Ultimately, it does not matter whose license you use though.  The software doesn't really care.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
jmcrosenbaum
in reply to: TravisNave

Many many thanks for your reply!

Is the connection dedicated? In other words, if I am only using one license, will it default to the WiFi connection, or is the method of connection dedicated (where A always uses the Ethernet NIC connection when B is not using the WiFi connection)? (sorry, I know the software pretty well, but the IT end of things...not my thing, at all).
Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Right.

The borrowed license is tied to the username and the network card.  So if you borrow a license with the NIC, then it needs to be enabled to work.  If you borrow a license with the WiFi, it needs to be enabled to work.  In both cases, if you disable one the other license will be used on the other card. 

Likewise, if you login as User1, it will use one license. If you login with User2, it will use the other. 

Either way would suffice in your situation.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report