Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Licences - serial number issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
327 Views, 5 Replies

Multiple Licences - serial number issue

Hi
I manage the AutoCAD side of an ATC with licences for different streams. In the past, we licenced AutoCAD seperately from the other products, even though they were probably covered by the Civil,Mechanical, etc licences. We now have different serial numbers for each of the streams. Do we need different network deployments for the AutoCAD installed on the Revit machines(Building) and AutoCAD installed on the Inventor machines(Mechanical)? Or can we get a composite licence for AutoCAD with all serial numbers the same?
Thanks

Bob Leslie
I T Services
Northern Melbourne TAFE
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Each of the vertical AutoCAD products, whether they are from the Inventor Series, Revit, or Electrical, all have specific feature codes as a network licensed product. Therefore, each flavor of AutoCAD will need its own license file and separate deployments. It is possible to have multiple icons of AutoCAD installed on one machine.

With the addition of the Priority License roll-over option in the license file in 2007 versions, it is now possible for AutoCAD from Revit Series to take another AutoCAD license from a different series if none of its own are available. However, this feature alone is not enough reason not to install the specific versions of AutoCAD from all the licenses you own.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
marsbonfire

I need different icons for multiple versions of autocad. They were there recently, and now they are gone. Do you know how to have
separate icons?
Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Do you have the separate products already installed on the machine? If so, you could just drag and drop them off of the start menu and onto the desktop.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
marsbonfire

I need to clarify. I have the two Program icons on thje desktop.
What I need is to have separate colored icons for each version of autocad in Explorer (the way it used to be) so I know which program created it. I keep my two versions separate and need a viisual method of looking at the file icon to know which version created it.
(Using "File Types doesn't do it. It only associates 1 extension with any one icon)
Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Oh. Go to the Tools > Folder Options in Explorer. On the File Types tab, find your specific programs and you can change their icon association in there.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report