Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Installs

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
acadmanv
1012 Views, 7 Replies

Multiple Installs

Simple question that I cannot find.

Can I install my Autocad 2011 stand alone license on 2 computers if I only use one at a time?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
philip.s
in reply to: acadmanv

Hi Greg!

You definitely can, assuming the license is commercial, you're the sole user, and the 2 copies aren't used concurrently.

Check out this Activation FAQ for more and please accept as a solution if this fully answers your inquiry.

Message 3 of 8
acadmanv
in reply to: philip.s

Ok sweet.  Does it matter if another guy uses the computer?  (we still dont use them at the same time)

Message 4 of 8
acadmanv

Crud.  You said, "sole" user.  I think that means no one else can use?

Message 5 of 8
philip.s

Hi Greg,

I'd recommend taking a look at the current License and Services Agreement, specifically the License Types under Exhibit B, for specifics. 

1. Stand-alone (Individual) License. If the License Identification identifies the License Type as a “Stand-alone License” or as an “Individual License,” Licensee may Install a single primary copy of the specific release of the Licensed Materials designated in the applicable License Identification on one (1) Computer, on a Stand-alone Basis, and permit Access to such primary copy of the Licensed Materials solely by Licensee’s Personnel, and solely for Licensee’s Internal Business Needs. Licensee may also Install a single additional copy of such Licensed Materials on one (1) additional Computer, on a Stand-alone Basis; provided that (i) such additional copy of the Licensed Materials is Accessed solely by the same person as the primary copy; (ii) such person is Licensee (if Licensee is an individual) or an employee of Licensee; (iii) such person Accesses the additional copy solely to perform work while away from that person’s usual work location and solely for Licensee’s Internal Business Needs; and (iv) the primary and additional copies are not Accessed at the same time. Stand-alone (Individual) License is for a perpetual term, except as otherwise provided in this Agreement.

Let me know if you need further clarification as I'd be more than happy to investigate accordingly!

Message 6 of 8
acadmanv

Nope that answered all my questions.  Thanks so much!!!!

Message 7 of 8
FitzUS

Philip-

The link you provided is to 2013-platform_lsa-english.pdf.

My company has recently purchased the 2014 Building Design Suite for my desktop. I want to install Revit, AutoCAD and Navisworks on my laptop for use while travelling for work .  The IT assests and contracts analyst has responded with the following quote from the LSA:

2.1.2 Licensed Materials as a Single Product. The Licensed Materials are licensed to Licensee as a single product and the applicable components may not be separated for Installation or Access (and all such components must be Installed and Accessed on the same Computer except as authorized in writing by Autodesk).

I would say no.  It is only licensed for the PC we ordered it for.

Is the multiple install not an option for 2014 products?  Is it limited for Suite packages?

Thanks,

Tom

Message 8 of 8
philip.s
in reply to: FitzUS

Welcome to the community Tom!

Here's the list to the current Software License Agreements.

Confirming that the multiple install option is still available (as long as the license is commercial, you're the sole user, and the 2 activations aren't used concurrently).

The statement that you referenced below is actually pointing out that while a suite license contains multiple components, those components may not be spread out over multiple machines, as the suite must be installed as a whole.

Does that help clarify?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report