Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MultiFlex or Package License File

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
waya
1788 Views, 5 Replies

MultiFlex or Package License File

Reading about the new package license file that autodesk is issuing to activate network licenses for the 2009 version got me a little confused. It was stated that we cannot combine package license file with non-package license file for product versions contained in the package. So what if I am purchasing only additional licenses for my existing licenses say I have autoCAD 2008 and I am purchasing another 2 licenses of AutoCAD 2009 which i will store in the same server. How am I going to activate my licenses since the license manager reads only one license file if i am not mistaken. Before, the same product of different versions are considered different products so it's ok to combine them. what do we do now if that's the case???
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: waya

I understand the confusion, but I think you are taking it a bit too far. Essentially, the Package increment allows you to run your 2009 products and previous products going back up to three versions back. That means that you can run your 2008 licenses using your new 2009 license file with package increment under Subscription. What is meant though is that the package increment will not work if you already have 2008 licenses in your license file. It will use those separate licenses instead of the package. This is Autodesk's kind way of saying, we don't want you to use your old license files anymore. 😉

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
waya

Hi Travis, thanks. But I still need a little more clarification, do you mean to say, I won't be needing a separate license file to run the existing licenses with the newly purchased licenses? And that what the license manager will use is the new Package license file? So that means I will be requesting a single license file for the total number of my licenses "OLD plus NEW" ? Is that possible? Would Autodesk allow it? Thanks again.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

You just need the new license file that includes the package feature.

--
Jimmy Bergmark - Owner/Developer
JTB World - Software development and consulting
Blog: http://blog.jtbworld.com

JTB FlexReport (FLEXnet / FLEXlm license report tool) -
www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport

AutoCAD 2009
http://www.jtbworld.com/autocad2009.htm

"waya" wrote in message news:5988209@discussion.autodesk.com...
> Hi Travis, thanks. But I still need a little more clarification, do you
> mean to say, I won't be needing a separate license file to run the
> existing licenses with the newly purchased licenses? And that what the
> license manager will use is the new Package license file? So that means I
> will be requesting a single license file for the total number of my
> licenses "OLD plus NEW" ? Is that possible? Would Autodesk allow it?
> Thanks again.
Message 5 of 6
TravisNave

Yes. That is exactly what I am saying. The new package license file will run your software up to three versions back. This option is only available to Subscription customers.

Autodesk already allows you to run your old versions under Subscription. This is their way of automating it while still controlling your license usage. *wink wink*

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 6
waya

ah ok... now i understand.. thanks a lot.. *wink back* 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report