Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Seat Stand-Alone Licenses can I use just the Stand-Alone

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
costapat
380 Views, 2 Replies

Multi-Seat Stand-Alone Licenses can I use just the Stand-Alone

We are a small company with 2 cad stations. We just upgraded to Windows 7 with autocad 2010. I installed on one cad station as a stand-alone with me being the Administrator. Autocad workd fine with me as the log in but when the person that is using the machine logged in autocad won't work, comes up with alot of errors and when it finally opens there is no ribbons and then says there is not acad file.

What I would like to know is should I do the install as a stand alone or install it the way they say with the Multi-seat stand-alone as me as the Administrator?

Thanks

Pat

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: costapat

All you need to do is give that user local admin rights to that machine and have them launch one time so that it has the rights to created those locations that it is erroring about.  Then, should you choose, you can put back the restrictions.  Though, as a network administrator myself, I would highly recommend that you give your engineers and designers local admin rights, as the software is intended to work better with them.  Local admin rights does not elevate any additional privileges on the domain, so there is no reason not to give them local admin permanently.   

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
costapat
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks so much for the information, its working now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report