Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mudbox 2015 Installation Woes

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
lightcube
602 Views, 1 Reply

Mudbox 2015 Installation Woes

I've tried to install MB 2015 many times today. Each attempt results in this error:

Error 1309. Error reading from file:

C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_MBX_2015 ... \Setup\en-US\Docs\wrapped-files\GUID-53EE23D5-0665-4C11-8150-49055E3A2788.html.js. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Well, that file does not in fact exist. But this is the Mudbox extracted content! Which I downloaded several times from the website! Each resulted in the same error.

When I manually create that file, then the installation continues--for a microsecond because then it fails on other html.js files scattered through the various language folders. I was manually making these, but after typing these very long names over and over, I gave up.

The installer is broken. And I can't imagine why it wants to fail just because JAVASCRIPT files in the docs pages are missing.

Could someone come to the rescue?

[Edit] Clarification: Running on Windows 7 x64. Turned off all Anti-Virus, etc. Checked all file/folder permissions... all are as expected. It's that the installer expects to have JS files that simply don't exist in the extracted folders in the MB download.

Shawn Olson

Developer of Wall Worm
3ds Max plugins and Scripts

3ds Max 4/Gmax - 3ds Max 2020
Mudbox 2009-2019

Windows 10 x64
i7 8700K
64GB RAM
Geforce 1080ti
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
lightcube
in reply to: lightcube

Got it working after restarting windows. It didn't work immediately, but turning off the Akamai Netsession that got installed with the MB download and disabling the antivirus again, allowed everything to work.

So I'm guessing that the installer is not actually broken. My best guess is that the antivirus (in my case Comodo) was not 100% turned off in the initial install attempts and that Akamai locked files.

Hopefully this info helps others.

Shawn Olson

Developer of Wall Worm
3ds Max plugins and Scripts

3ds Max 4/Gmax - 3ds Max 2020
Mudbox 2009-2019

Windows 10 x64
i7 8700K
64GB RAM
Geforce 1080ti

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report