Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mudbox 2011 on Mac 10.6.4 Not Working

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
flyingfaceplant
448 Views, 4 Replies

Mudbox 2011 on Mac 10.6.4 Not Working

I just downloaded and installed the Mac OSX version of Mudbox 2011, and now when I open the application, I get 

Screen shot 2011-10-11 at 1.00.58 AM.png

any solutions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: flyingfaceplant

Mudbox is a very demanding application.  Please check out:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/cert?siteID=123112&id=16391880

David Lau
Message 3 of 5
flyingfaceplant
in reply to: david.lau

That site was specificly for mudbox 2012, which is not what I am running. 

I have a GMA 950 graphics card, which is why I assume the program is not compatable, even though I have Maya 2011 and it runs perfect. Is there a work around to let me use mudbox? Or is there another program I could use with my GMA 950 card which is similar to Mudbox? 

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: flyingfaceplant

For all versions, go here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=14960418&linkID=11937426

The Intel Graphics Media Accelerator is not supported.  In fact, Mudbox and Showcase are the only 2 products that I know for sure that will not install in a virtual environment.  The video card requirements are "massive". There is no workaround for this issue.

David Lau
Message 5 of 5
flyingfaceplant
in reply to: david.lau

So basically unless I get a better video card, Mudbox or anything like Mudbox is a no-go? Darn, I guess I will stick to Maya for as long as possible. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report