Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mudbox 2011 and MotionBuilder 2011 silent installation from the command line

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
david.lau
2716 Views, 9 Replies

Mudbox 2011 and MotionBuilder 2011 silent installation from the command line

When you run the Setup for Mudbox and MotionBuilder, there are no options for a deployment.

The workaround is to use the following command line parameters:

For Mudbox 2011:

msiexec /i "C:\Autodesk\Mudbox2011\x64\Mudbox2011.0\Mudbox2011.0.msi" ADLMSERIALPREFIX=3xx ADLMSERIALNUMBER=xxxxxxxx ADLM_PRODKEY=4XXX1 ADLMPRODUCTKEY=4XXX1 ADLMLICENSETYPE=3 ACADSTANDALONENETWORKTYPE=3 ADLMSERVERNAME=YOUR-SERVER-NAME /qn  /LWE "C:\Autodesk\mudbox_log.txt"

This process when used on Mudbox 2011 may not work on Windows 7 x64 and you may receive a 1720 error.  This error has been reported to our development team.

NOTE:  The serial number 3xx-xxxxxxxx and the Product key will need to be changed to your unique suite or product information.

For Motionbuilder 2011:

msiexec /i "x86\MotionBuilderBill.msi" ACADSERIALPREFIX=3xx ACADSERIALNUMBER=xxxxxxxx ADLM_PRODKEY=7XXX1 ADLMPRODUCTKEY=7XXX1 ACADSTANDALONENETWORKTYPE=3 ACADSERVERPATH="YOUR-SERVER-NAME 000000000000" /qn /LWE "C:\Autodesk\mobu_log.txt"

NOTE:  These instructions are slighty different in Mudbox 2010 and Motionbuilder 2010.

David Lau
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

I ran this: msiexec /i "C:\Autodesk\Mudbox2011 32-bit\x86\Mudbox2011.0\Mudbox2011.0.msi" ADLMSERIALPREFIX=3xx ADLMSERIALNUMBER=9945xxxx ADLM_PRODKEY=498C1 ADLMPRODUCTKEY=498C1 ADLMLICENSETYPE=3 ACADSTANDALONENETWORKTYPE=3 ADLMSERVERNAME=PC_VAN_JEFFREY/qn /LWE "C:\Autodesk\mudbox_log.txt" It took me directly to the setup, but as fast as I got there is also as fast as I got error 1720. It popped up almost immediately. I can't install my 2010 version anymore either. I'm kind of clueless here.

Am I doing something wrong?

Message 3 of 10
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

This process when used on Mudbox 2011 may not work on Windows 7 x64 and you may receive a 1720 error.  This error has been reported to our development team.

The only workaround is to install it manually.  I have been able to reproduce your problem.

David Lau
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Thank you Mr. Lau.

You should know that I use a laptop which runs with Windows Vista, and that I have an x32 system. 🙂

Any clues on why it happens on my laptop?

My question is, how do I install it manually?

Thanks for helping.

Message 5 of 10
david.lau

Download the free update to Mudbox here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=11937426&id=15139942&siteID=123112

Extract it and run the Setup.  Don't use a command line to install it. 

David Lau
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

I installed the setup from the link, and then I got error 1720 again. The update (if it was an update) is not working.

It gives the error after the setup is trying to clean the registery or something. (I think.)

It automatically deïnstals, but what's more is that I can still not use it, and I need it for school.

I do use the serial etc provided by Autodesk (student website) but does it even matter which key is entered?

Either way I still need help.

Message 7 of 10
david.lau

Can you upload a log file? 

You can goto Start > Run > %temp%

David Lau
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Alright. Here it is:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8TYKDSPZ

It looks like it is not digitally signed? What does this mean? I downloaded the student version from http://students.autodesk.com/.

Message 9 of 10
david.lau

Can you download Mudbox 2011 SP 1 - 32 bit here: 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=11937426&id=15139942&siteID=123112

Please use Firefox to download it.

David Lau
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

I tried it again, followed the instruction of the readme file included on that website. It worked.

It appeared that I needed to delete the mudbox folder in " my documents "

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report