Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving old AutoCAD 2002 license to new server or convert to standalone

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
guyh
240 Views, 1 Reply

Moving old AutoCAD 2002 license to new server or convert to standalone

I really hope somebody here can help me, or somebody from Autodesk picks this up.  I have tried our VAR, I have tried the Licensing form (crashed several times on me!) and I have tried Autodesk help through twitter.  I appreciate this is an odd request but it's something that I need to resolve...

We have an old single installation of AutoCAD 2002/ Mechanical R6 which supports an old legacy system and all it does is fire up as a process to allow the system to modify the revisions of old drawings.  We need to keep this system alive for another coulple of years.  My issue is the license server hosting the old license is planned to be deactivated as it is now so old.  I would like to either convert to a standalone install or change the license so it can sit on another flexnet server.  Can anybody please give me a history lesson and help with how to do this?

Thanks,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: guyh

AutoCAD 2002 is long retired and I am certain it uses an older Autodesk License Manager prior to FlexLM v9.2.  Any OS supported is also long retired.  You might not have much luck accomplishing what you need.  What process could you possibly still need this for?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report