Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving my cad from one computer to another

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
asherjoh
434 Views, 1 Reply

Moving my cad from one computer to another

I have AUTOCAD 2010. It is on a outdated computer that I am going to toss. It is a stand alone disk or 1 station, not sure of the difference. Is there any problem with me unistalling cad on the old computer and installing it on the new computer?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: asherjoh

Welcome to the community.

There shouldn't be any problem with you canning the old system and reinstalling it on the new one.  However, keep in mind the following:

1.  If you ever upgraded this license either manually or under Subscription, then it is expired because 2010 has been retired as of release 2014.  Install the latest version you own in this case.

2.  If you try to use the LTU to move the license, then it might have a 13-month expiry date due to the above reason.

If this is your latest license that has never been upgraded, then you should be able to activate it normally on the new machine over the Internet.  I would just try doing so.  If it fails, you can probably get an activation code for it, manually.

You can use the online method to activate your license here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=18424632&siteID=123112

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report