Installation & Licensing

kmihailo
Message 1 of 4 (281 Views)

Moving license server to the new hardware

281 Views, 3 Replies
05-26-2011 11:30 PM

We own floating licenses for Autodesk Vault 2010 with a license server (pretty old one). Right now we're planning to end of life this server but continue to use the product. What need to be done to move licens server on the new hardware?

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 2 of 4 (275 Views)

Re: Moving license server to the new hardware

05-27-2011 05:52 AM in reply to: kmihailo

you generate a new license file for the new server and install flex lm on it

kmihailo
Message 3 of 4 (247 Views)

05-29-2011 11:45 PM in reply to: DarrenP

Well, the main question is how to generate new license. Do I need to request it somewhere? I believe it is not possible to do it on our level?

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 4 of 4 (229 Views)

06-01-2011 09:44 AM in reply to: kmihailo

Get a new license file by calling Autodesk activations at 1-800-551-1490 and choosing #1 for English and then #2 for Network licensing. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube