Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
sue
Contributor
248 Views, 1 Reply

Moving license do new pc

HI,  I own Building Design Suite 2013.  I have it downloaded at my home office and also at a consulting job where I also work.  I just got a new pc and when I tried to open AutoCAD today it said that I did not have a valid license number.  It did match what is on my box so I then figured it has something to do with the fact I upgraded, from Subscription Center, to 2014 only at home though.  I tried putting in the new serial number I got through the upgrade but no dice either.  I tried using the License Transfer Utility but that also tells me I have the wrong serial number...I tried both.  

I am wondering if I just erase the program from the old pc if this would solve the issue (since I would be back to 2 installations)?  I asked for an authorization code too but need to wait for that.  Or which serial number should I use...old 2013 or the new 2014 even though I am using the usb for the install of the Building Design Suite 2013, not upgrade from Subscription Center?

Thanks...sorry...no CAD support at my consulting job!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jessica.t
in reply to: sue

Hi @Sue and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

It would probably be best if you have your company serial numbers confirmed by our Activation and Registration team. They will be able to assist you in which serial number to use:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance.

If you have any questions please reply to my post. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report