Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from one license pool to another

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
278 Views, 5 Replies

Moving from one license pool to another

Our company was recently bought out by another company. We are in need of more licenses and would like to just migrate to the larger license pool. How can we do this? Will this affect our workstations?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

cherylb wrote:
> Our company was recently bought out by another company. We are in need of more licenses and would like to just migrate to the larger license pool. How can we do this? Will this affect our workstations?

After the licenses are combined on the LM, just change your environment
variable to point to the new LM. See also:
http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com/2006/12/network-license-manager-troubleshooting.html

--
R.K. McSwain
http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you
Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Keep in mind that if each license has identical products, you will need to have the new license files generated on the same date and have them combined, otherwise the License Manager will only use the newest generated license file.

For example, if Pool_A has (5) seats of AutoCAD generated on Jan 1 2008 and Pool_B has (3) seats of AutoCAD generated on Jan 2 2008, then your NLM will only show the three seats instead of the total eight. If you have both licenses regenerated on the same date, the NLM will show all eight.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
mlhart

Generating the licenses on the same day for identical products of different pool sizes makes sense. Would this work for a pool Revit Architecture and a pool of Revit Series? Or are they not considered identical products.
Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

They have different feature codes, so that wouldn't matter in this case.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report