Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
cpierich
2429 Views, 1 Reply

Moving License Server

Hello everyone, I'm new to AutoCAD administration so please let me know if I should be posting this in a different forum.  I have recently been put in charge of integrating another company into our infrastructure so I'm moving their computers from their old domain to ours.  One of the things I know I need to do is move the AutoCAD license server.  They are currently using AutoCAD 2010 and will eventually upgrade to 2012 once some new computers come in.  In the meantime though I need them running across the proper license server.  I received the new license file from Autodesk and intalled that on the new server and have the new server running.  I've followed the information here http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617 and haven't been able to get anywhere.  When I use the server name for the variable value it will find the old server and connect to it, if I use an IP address I'll get an error about not being able to contact the license server, then it asks me for the server name and I put that in and it still errors out.  I've also removed the old license server information from the registry and it still finds the old server.  So I need to know how to prevent it from accessing the old server and make sure it receives it's license from the new server.  I know this will be a non issue once I reinstall the new version, but how can I get the existing machines that are going to change domains to connect to the proper license server?  Thanks for the help in advance!

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: cpierich

You must not be setting the system environment variable correctly.

Under Environment variables, choose new (on the bottom half of the window) and make the variable name ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE and make the value @SERVERNAME.  You need to have the @ symbol and the servername is the hostname of your server.  Make sure the DNS resolves to the correct IP address and that it is an IPv4 address and not an IPv6 address.  You also need to make sure that ports 2080 and 27000 are open. 

Post any errors that you receive.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report