Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving LMTOOLS Utility to a New Server

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1602 Views, 4 Replies

Moving LMTOOLS Utility to a New Server

Hi,

I am quite new on the subject of AutoCAD licenses, so I ask for help in the following:
We have the license server with the "LMTOOLS Utility" application version 11.7 build 73797 i86_n3. This server is a Windows 2000 Server with SP4. We want to migrate the license server to a Windows Server 2008 server. What is the procedure or where I can get information to make this activity?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

All you need to do is install the version 11.12 License Manager on your new 2008 server, then call to get an activation code for your licenses.  In all honesty, you could be up and running in 15 minutes. 

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

You can use the online method to activate your license here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/installation-and-licensing

Or you can can call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 2 > (Network)

You will need to provide your serial number and ethernet ID of the new license server.

You should download the lastest server tools here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Latest-...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank You Travis...

Another option for us is to upgrade our current Win2k server holding LMTOOLS to Win2k8, I mean, We´ll use the same hardware. Is the same procedure or do we need to follow different steps to get our LM server up and running with our new Windows server 2008 version? Thank You.

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

If it is the same hardware, then you should still be able to use the same license file.  Otherwise, no matter what, all you really ever need to do with any license manager is install the latest version and give it a valid license file.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you very much Travis. It was easy to get the server up and running the LMTOOLS services once Win2k8 was installed on it. Windows Firewall configuration must be configured to accept lmtools services...!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report