Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving 3DSMAX to new Computer

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1681 Views, 2 Replies

Moving 3DSMAX to new Computer

I am presently running 3DSMAX2009(Subscription) on WinXP32. Have not loaded MAX2010.
Now I am preparing to move MAX to a new computer running Windows 7 64bit only.
Can I use P.L.U. to port 3DSMAX2009 license from the old system to activate 3DSMAX2010 on the new computer?
Does it have to be the 64bit version of 2009 or will it accept the 32bit lic. version?

MAX2010 is not yet supported on Windows 7, but I understand that users are running it.
Any advice with this would be appreciated.
JohnR.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

You will need to activate your license of MAX 2010 separately on the new system. You cannot transfer any 2009 licenses to 2010. They are different license types. Keep in mind that if you have problems, that the software is not supported on Windows 7 64-bit yet and you will be hard-pressed to get technical support. Under Subscription you are allowed to continue to run your 2009 product, so long as you do not use both at the same time.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you Travis,
Good to know that I can install MAX2010 directly on the new system, I had thought that that it might have been
necessary to load it on the old system first, activate it and port the license to the new system install!

Appreciate your help.
JohnR.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report