Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved OS to SSD, now I can't install 2015 or 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
j299s939
412 Views, 4 Replies

Moved OS to SSD, now I can't install 2015 or 2014

Like I stated, I moved my OS to a SSD and basically started over with a fresh desktop, thus needing to reinstall all of my programs, with Revit and AutoCAD being 2 of them. I tried getting the new 2015 version but it says that it is not supported with my OS (Windows 7), so I just went with 2014 instead. It downloaded and installed but I am unable to activate it. I have a serial number and product key from the website, but when I go to activate it, gives me a warning saying Reactivation Limit Reached. This is being installed on the same computer that it was on before. This is extremely frustrating as I am just a student trying to do work at home and not trying to rip off a company. It is also extremely frustrating that no matter how hard you try you get redirected to the website for help, which is absolutely the least helpful thing. How hard is it to get a person on the phone from a multi-billion dollar company with a $4000 product? You guys are my last hope. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: j299s939

Are you trying to install the student version, or the paid version?  If the latter you should also have a Subscription log-in to get direct support along with your reseller.

There are a number of factors which contribute to how a program determines if it is being installed on a new computer (this applies to many different programs including the operating system).  Among them is a different hard drive, so this is considered a different computer from a licensing perspective.  Under normal circumstances this can be done automatically.  If you have activated this license several times already then you have to go directly to AutoDesk to get it reactivated.  This is a simple security check to ensure you aren't trying to install the same license on several computers in violation of the license agreement.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 5
j299s939
in reply to: dgorsman

I am trying to install the student version. I still have my old HDD with Revit installed on it, but it is just used as a storage drive now and not my main drive. And even if I try to run it off of my old drive it will start up, then ask to be activated, when it was activated and functioned fine previously. 

Message 4 of 5
j299s939

Bump. Please help! Would really like to work on my studio projects at home!
Message 5 of 5
DannyHubbard

You should be able to get your activation code from the following site.

http://download.autodesk.com/us/support/RegistrationAndActivationWebForm.html?language=en

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report