Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
268 Views, 2 Replies

Minimum iMac Specs

Hi-

I have a user that is learning 3ds Max in school and currently has an iMac. Buying a new PC is not in the budget right now so I was wondering if someone could give some feedback on if his configuration will be beefy enough. Installing Bootcamp or Fusion won't be an issue to run Windows, so we're OK there. (Would you recommend W 7 or 8?)

I've looked everywhere I can think of, but nothing is quite an apples to apples comparison to answer my question. From what I can find, it seems his video card is the biggest issue. He will be running 3ds Max v2014 and his hardware is:

Core 2 Duo 3.06 GHz

8GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 130 (512MB)

1TB HD

Any input would be great - thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dembkod
in reply to: Anonymous

davidoddc

Hello. Make sure you meet the system requirements for the version.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-...

Boot camp should work. It’s not without its specifics, but should run. Naturally, a more powerful machine will run faster.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi David-

Thanks for your quick reply. I had looked over the requirements listed there, but I didn't see anything defining if the 512MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 130 and a 3.06GHz Core 2 Duo was positively out of spec since I only saw PC hardware listed. 

But I think we've figure out a PC solution, so thanks for  your help!

David

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report