This is the most progress I've made with my install of Autodesk Inventor 2010 (as Administrator). I have Windows 7 and everything meets the software requirements. After entering the S/N and Prod Key, and click Finish, I get back a message saying that the install failed. The referenced log file reads:
2011/2/20:15:36:47 Administrator DAD-PC Install Mi
2011/2/20:15:36:53 Administrator DAD-PC === Setup ended ==
I checked under Control Panel (Programs) and I already have a number of C++ versions installed:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 ATL Update kb973923 - x64 8.0.50727.4053
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 ATL Update kb973923 - x86 8.0.50727.4053
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (far right says version 8.0.58299)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (far right says version 8.0.56336)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) (far right says version 8.0.56336)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 ATL Update kb973924 - x86 9.0.30729.4148
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x86 9.0.30729.17
Does one (or more) of these need to be removed? Any advice how to proceed with the install and skip the C++ step?
I had already tried everything in the second link.
As for the first one - how do I edit my registry? That's something I have never done.
Ok, I finally tried this out. It did not work.
The first registry item was not listed.
As for the second registry item - what was I supposed to change? Put a hyphen in front of the name?
Please try this
This is the same response as posted prviously, just in a different spot.
My question still stands - it says to "rename" the key - but rename it to what???? Rename implies that you are calling it something else.
you can rename with "old_" as prefix. or you can delete the key (please take a bakup before you do this)
If you have installed on your computer vc2005 please uninstall
Then run \ 3rdParty \ x86 \ VCRedist folder, 2005 vcredist_x86 and 2008 vcredist_x86
Check the system folder AppData \ Local \ Tmp below whether generate the log of vcredist
If there is
just setup! good luck!
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register