This is the most progress I've made with my install of Autodesk Inventor 2010 (as Administrator). I have Windows 7 and everything meets the software requirements. After entering the S/N and Prod Key, and click Finish, I get back a message saying that the install failed. The referenced log file reads:
2011/2/20:15:36:47 Administrator DAD-PC Install Mi
2011/2/20:15:36:53 Administrator DAD-PC === Setup ended ==
I checked under Control Panel (Programs) and I already have a number of C++ versions installed:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 ATL Update kb973923 - x64 8.0.50727.4053
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 ATL Update kb973923 - x86 8.0.50727.4053
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (far right says version 8.0.58299)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (far right says version 8.0.56336)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) (far right says version 8.0.56336)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 ATL Update kb973924 - x86 9.0.30729.4148
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable x86 9.0.30729.17
Does one (or more) of these need to be removed? Any advice how to proceed with the install and skip the C++ step?
I had already tried everything in the second link.
As for the first one - how do I edit my registry? That's something I have never done.
Ok, I finally tried this out. It did not work.
The first registry item was not listed.
As for the second registry item - what was I supposed to change? Put a hyphen in front of the name?
Please try this
This is the same response as posted prviously, just in a different spot.
My question still stands - it says to "rename" the key - but rename it to what???? Rename implies that you are calling it something else.
you can rename with "old_" as prefix. or you can delete the key (please take a bakup before you do this)
If you have installed on your computer vc2005 please uninstall
Then run \ 3rdParty \ x86 \ VCRedist folder, 2005 vcredist_x86 and 2008 vcredist_x86
Check the system folder AppData \ Local \ Tmp below whether generate the log of vcredist
If there is
just setup! good luck!
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.
|Installation & Licensing|