Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Deployment Toolkit failing to install Design Review 2013

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Dmaranya
1583 Views, 6 Replies

Microsoft Deployment Toolkit failing to install Design Review 2013

I am attempting to install Autodesk Design Review from a deployment server using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and the install is failing with error 1603 (Fatal error during installation).

I am using the MSI installer downloaded from the Autodesk download site, with the command line below;

msiexec /q /i SetupDesignReview2013.msi  /l*v c:\AdutoDesk.txt

Attached to this post are the log file generated by the last install attempt as well as the BDD.log file generated by the Litetouch installer.

Anyone have any idea why I am getting the 1603 error?

Damon M.

IT Support

Renewable Energy Systems - Americas

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: Dmaranya

And does it fail when you try to install it regularly without deployment?  Do you have previous versions of Design Review installed already?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
Dmaranya
in reply to: TravisNave

It does deploy successfullyl when run from Powershell.

The server is deploying a fresh install of the OS before attempting to install the Design Review software. So there is no previous version present.

Message 4 of 7
m_latz

According your MSI Logfile:

MSI (s) (E4:54) [07:53:22:001]: Product: Autodesk Design Review 2013 -- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 redistributable is required to continue with the installation. Please visit Microsoft download site to retrieve the redistributable package.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 redistributable is required to continue with the installation. Please visit Microsoft download site to retrieve the redistributable package.

You have to install "VCREDIST2010SP1X86" means Visual Studio 2010 SP1 (x86) runtime. You can donwload at microsoft or use from Autodesk media.

regards

Markus

Message 5 of 7
Dmaranya

Okay, I have the MDT installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 and x64 packages as a dependancy for the Autodesk Design Review install (so that it installs the C++ update first). But it is still returning error code 1603.

Attached is the latest bdd.log and install log for Design Review. Anyone see anything in it?

Message 6 of 7
m_latz

You run into the next error:

[07:58:55:584]: Product: Autodesk Design Review 2013 -- Error: .NET framework 4.0 needs to be already installed before proceeding with ADR installation. Error: .NET framework 4.0 needs to be already installed before proceeding with
ADR installation. Action ended 7:58:55: LaunchConditions. Return value 3. Action
ended 7:58:55: INSTALL. Return value 3.

.NET Framework 4.0 is missing.

But in principle it is not the right way to try to call DesignReview2013.msi.

You should use the normal DesignReview2013 setup and there create a deployment. When created check the Setup.ini file. There you can see all prerequisites for Design Review 2013 and derive your own deployment.

Message 7 of 7
Dmaranya
in reply to: m_latz

You don't happen to have any links to resources about creating a deployment package for Design Review do you? I haven't found nything in my searching for the automatic deployment process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report