Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Method of verifying if license is exported (without LTU) on client?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dexteritysam
328 Views, 1 Reply

Method of verifying if license is exported (without LTU) on client?

Hi

We're currently setting up install/uninstall scripts and monitoring systems for our CAD machines. To make sure AutoCAD isn't uninstalled without first exporting the license, we would like to add a check in our uninstall script. However, I've been unable to come up with a method for accomplishing this.

At first I thought I could parse the log file "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AdLM\RVT2014ENUAdlm.log" but that is only written to when LTU is explicity used. If a user launches AutoCad and chooses "Import license" when prompted, that log file isn't written to and thus the log file can't be relied on anymore.

Registry isn't changed during import/export, so can't check there either. The only files that seem to be edited during the above are "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AdLM\ProductInformation.pit" and "C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data", but both of them are encrypted and I don't know how to read them. I've seen powerpoint presentations where the contents of the .pit file is read but haven't been able to found out how they opened it.

Another method of solving the above would be to import/export the licenses through the scripts themselves, but as far I know that can't be accomplished either.

The EXTREME solution would be to send the xml requests through code to AutoDesk's webservice (to import/export licenses) and then parse the response (which I assume is what happens when you run LTU), but that would take far too long for me to implement correctly.

We're using AutoCad Suit 2014 and AutoCad LT 2014, with multiseat standalone licenses.

Any input here would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
asburyj
in reply to: dexteritysam

I am not aware of a way to do this. The change is made in the TSF file and that can't be read in plaintext. 

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report