Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
448 Views, 10 Replies

Mechanical Desktop

Hi guys

hope i'm in the right section, but i have a problem when i'm trying to install Inventor2008 pro , everything installs but mechanical desktop fails ? i uninstalled everything and tried installing MD first no luck there, i tried configuring MD by pointing it to a server where our license are sitting and i tried it without configuring, i am logging on as the local administrator so rights is not a issue, however i am using ISO's but i doubt that should be a problem . any suggestions i'm hitting my head against a block here !
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
mahahaavaahava
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

this should be the correct forum but more info is required:

How is the MDT Installation failing? You say that you tried installing pointing to the server and not? What kind of license do you have (not that that should affect the install...) What OS? Any Install logs being created? Etc...

/Petri
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Hi petri

it installs the msxml , directx and mdac 2.7 but when it comes to the point where its suppose to install MD it just stops and says " failed - fatal error during installation " when i view the error log it just says error 1603 nothing else.

licensing - i have server thats using lmtools " license manager " and the that how the pc's communicate get there license's.

os - xp with sp2

setup.log - and all it says is error 1603 and thats not very helpfull
thanks in advance for you reply

Chris
Message 4 of 11
mahahaavaahava

Hi,

there's one more thing it tries to install before the actual MDT ie. NET Framework. Uninstall .NET Framework 2.0 and try again.

/Petri
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Hi

i'm trying to uninstall .net framework 2.0 and it doesnt seem to be a simple uinstall , i cant find a decent answer on google do you perhaps know of a easy way or can you point me in the right direction ?

thanks
Chris
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Anyone else willing to lend a helping hand ?
Message 7 of 11
TravisNave

Copy the contents of the disc to the hard drive. Don't forget to copy the EULA folder into the top level root. Run the setup MSI. This usually works.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Hi all ,...
I tried to as i read in all the replays .. but nothing worked
no i have the program without the library Content which is essential
.. i also attached a snap for the Error ..

by the way iam using the wesmosis Xp version " it's a modified version of Win xp SP2"

If any one can help .. i'll appreciate his Replay , thanks
Message 9 of 11
mahahaavaahava

Hi,

as far as I know "wesmosis" is a Libyan cracked version of Windows XP. That's what googling the term resulted in so I'm afraid you might just be out of luck. Who knows what the cracker's changed...

/Petri
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

but i was using all the previous versions of Inventor .(9 10 11) on the same copy of Wesmosis .. 😞

so .., what do you think i should do .. remoze my windows .. or installing a certain Component .. ?

Thanks in advance
Message 11 of 11
TravisNave

Funny how customers never give the whole story until you've exhausted all options.

Oh, yeah... btw, I am trying to install MDT 2008 on my Commodore 64. Could this be the problem?

Kill me.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report