Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya student 2013 fatal error message

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
adrian_adams
3698 Views, 7 Replies

Maya student 2013 fatal error message

I had the student version of Maya on my laptop until the HD kept crashing, I have recently replaced that hard drive and able to download Maya 2013 and install onto my laptop but the program closes everytime it opens with a Fatal Error message:

Fatal Error. Attempting to save in

C:/Users/Adrian/AppData/Local/Temp/Adrian.201330710.1015.ma

I NEED HELP ASAP to properly function at school part-time and work.  No one has contacted me for a solution for the past three days!  Since this is my home computer, the tech staff at my school identify that issue but I have to contact support from Autodesk themselves.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: adrian_adams

Welcome to the peer forum!

Clear your %TEMP% folder and possibly even modify the system variable to move it to another folder, such as C:\Temp, for example. I would assume at the very least that you have local admin rights on your machine?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
adrian_adams
in reply to: TravisNave

I spoke with several people and since my hd crashed before I could transfer the license to use Maya, it will not work on the new HD until someone at Autodesk could set me up with different license or reset it.

Sent from my iPhone
Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

That error is unrelated to a license error, though.  You won't be able to activate it until you can actually launch it.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
adrian_adams
in reply to: TravisNave

Reassigning the temp drive didn't help, also reinstall the software after uninstalling to start fresh, error messages just went to the moved temp folder.  also tried running it as an admin as well.  Still getting the fatal error message.

Message 6 of 8

don't delete temp folder. it just crashed with your NVIDIA thingy. you just need to run the maya with your intergrated graphics. it worked for me.

Message 7 of 8
dembkod

adrian_adams,

Fatal errors are usually a result of conflicting/underpowered graphics card. In this case, considering you are looking at a particular path, I am wondering if you have your Antivirus turned on or have a corrupt installation.

Turn off AV

Update your graphics card drivers

Uninstall + reinstall

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 8 of 8
brian.woodworth
in reply to: dembkod

I have this video card,

http://www.amazon.com/VisionTek-Radeon-X1600XT-Xtreme-Edition/dp/B000FI7BB8

Is it a good one or should I switch?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report