Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya home use license invalid

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
RynoFXR
2703 Views, 4 Replies

Maya home use license invalid

Greetings,

I am a contractor and I use Maya 2012 and 13 at work.  I have been working from home recently and bought a new computer to work and train on at home.  I downloaded and installed Maya 2014, but accidentally installed a trial version.  I tried to use the License Transfer Utility to update to a serial/product number they sent me from work.  It says that my license is not valid.

Would I need to use a previous version of Maya?  Either 2012 or 2013?  I thought a license/key was good for the most recent version and up to 3 previous versions?

Any help is appreciated!

-R

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
philip.s
in reply to: RynoFXR

Hi Ryan!

A license that is attached to a subscription contract would enable the previous version benefit, allowing one to use the current release + the 3 prior.

With a standalone license, the serial number will change with each new release and must match up with the software version that is being installed. The only instance where this would not be the case is with networked licenses, as a package license file would be utilized containing all 4 (current + the 3 prior) releases.

Can you please either send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number or contact our License Assistance Team for validation?

Message 3 of 5
philip.s
in reply to: philip.s

Thanks for the PM info Ryan!

In your case the 2014 serial number is correct, however there is no need for you to import the license it's not being transferred from one machine to another. Simply start the trial software, at which point you should have the option to run as a trial or activate. Select activate, follow the prompts and you should be good to go!

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Message 4 of 5
RynoFXR

Hey Philip!  Got it working this morning.  Instead of using the License utility I did what you said, put in my info and it was good to go.  Thanks for the help.  Not sure why it was trying to import the license, but after going through the trial version screen, it worked fine.

Thanks again!

-Ryan

Message 5 of 5
philip.s

Glad to hear and you're very welcome!

Please don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report