Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya failed to install (Mac OS-X)

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
robin.vanee
3552 Views, 10 Replies

Maya failed to install (Mac OS-X)

I recently got a new computer and put the old hard drive I was using in it. Maya did not like this and I had to uninstall.

I could not find an uninstaller, so I removed every file or folder that had 'Autodesk' in it from my computer.

Trying to install it, it now fails at writing files in Maya Core. It's not very verbose about it, so I can't fix it at all.

"Maya Setup encountered errors installing the following software"

and

"The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Installer failed on Exit"

are all it says.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
david.lau
in reply to: robin.vanee

NOTE:  This will only apply to Maya 2010/2011/2012.

1.  Remove the Autodesk folder in Applications.

2.  Delete the following files and folders:

Mac/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Adlm/

Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data_backup.001

3.  Reinstall Maya.   If the Maya Core doesn't install, then try this:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/10/maya-2012-on-mac-maya-core-doesnt-install.html

David Lau
Message 3 of 11
robin.vanee

Well, that installed it but starting it now gives me the error:

License was not obtained

License method:

environment variable MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD='network'

Product choice:

environment variable MAYA_LICENSE='unlimited'

License file override:

environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

Message 4 of 11
robin.vanee

Can I have a reply please? I kinda need this program.

Okay, I reinstalled it and it now runs. I get to the product license activation page and I need to "repair" my license.

Whenever I try to activate it, it says "another serial '00000000' was found on your computer and will now be used' after which it says that license is invalid and it starts all over again.

Message 5 of 11
robin.vanee

And whenever I use it as a trial, the program is unusably slow. After any action, it just freezes for seconds and displays the rainbowball.

Message 6 of 11
david.lau
Message 7 of 11
robin.vanee

That first link leads to a domain parking site and the second only lists 2 NVidia graphics cards for Mac OS-X.

I have had it running succesfully on a 9400M, and I can assure you my current 320M is a lot more powerful.

It's not stuttering (lag) by the way, so it's probably not the graphics card.

Message 8 of 11
kuchit

Hi, everyone

I tried to reinstall my maya 2010, but Maya core didn't install. I already deleted the folders and tried everything that is listed in this thread, but didn't work for me. The only thing it'll show up is installation failed on exit. Any idea how I can fix this?

Message 9 of 11
david.lau
in reply to: kuchit

If you are running a newer operating system, the core will not install.  

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=14959955&linkID=9242259

David Lau
Message 10 of 11
kuchit

hello David,

I reformatted my computer, but it was still OS X 10.6.8, which should be ok. Is there any other stuff that I can check to solve the installation issue? Thanks!

Message 11 of 11
zywux

Please help! I am eligible for the 3 year free Maya download. I've got my serial number and product code.

First when I tried to activate my trial after its expiration, I got the error 110 (a license error has occured). I looked this up and found the common answer was to uninstall Maya completely and then re-install and enter activation codes. I deleted Maya following these instructions: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/04/maya-2012-on-mac-how-to-delete-maya-from-your-com... and then reinstalled via browser download from the autodesk education site.

I open up the installer and it installs everything but then at the very end gives an error "Installation failed on Exit" and says the files weren't installed, even though I then look in my applications and all the files are there.

So I boot up Maya anyway, it asks me for my activation codes again and then gives the same 110 error. So i'm running in circles here! Can anyone help? I need Maya 2014 for class ASAP! I'm running Mac OSX 10.9.2 (Mavericks) and Google Chrome version 34.0.1847.131

Thank you in advance to anyone who spends time to answer me! I appreciate you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report