Installation & Licensing

imBobertRobert
Message 1 of 5 (4,052 Views)

Maya error 20, MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

4052 Views, 4 Replies
05-01-2013 05:42 PM

Hello, for almost a week now i have been getting a very weird error when trying to launch autodesk Maya 2013 sudent. When i launch it, the output window pops up, then a few seconds later an error box pops up telling me that the license was not obtained. Unlike other cases that I have seen on the internet, however, is that it still says that the "product choice: environmental MAYA_LICENSE='657e1' ", which leads me to think that it might not be a maya problem as much as a windows problem (running windows 8 FYI). finally, it also says that MAYA_ALT_EN is not set, as the title says. I have tried many suggestions. setting the pop-up security on windows to 'off', setting the flexnet64 is running, and i have tried all the options for it to start with (and rebooting my system as well afterwards). I have tried repairing, uninstalling, reinstalling, to no avail. I followed a youtube tutorial involving clearing a cache (sorry for the vague description, I barely remember doing that one because i was so frustrated). I cannot do a systems restore since the only was was overwritten when i tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. As of right now I am working on a few projects with some friends, and as a main modeler, i am pretty much uselss right now.

A screenshot of the situation will be included with this post.

Thanks!

satya22119
Message 2 of 5 (3,992 Views)

Re: Maya error 20, MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

05-18-2013 11:44 PM in reply to: imBobertRobert

first uninstall maya software then delete autodesk folder from C:\Program Files\Autodesk and C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk. delete maya.env from my documents folder. Install maya setup as trail version after install activate your software....

Note:-do not activate during installation

i hope it will help you guys....

andrewrigsby
Message 3 of 5 (3,820 Views)

06-27-2013 08:14 AM in reply to: satya22119

hi, i keep getiing this same error i believe: "Error 20"... Maya_alt_en is not set

If i understand you correctly, reinstalla as a trial version, and once its up running, register it as the student version?

Thank

Andrew

andrewrigsby
Message 4 of 5 (3,814 Views)

06-27-2013 08:50 AM in reply to: andrewrigsby

I attempted to reinstall as a trial and I still get the same error. See attachment

I have also tried deleting the Maya.ent file and deleted and reinstalled at least 10 times.

If anyone can help solve this problem it would be greatly appreciated, I cannot work on my class work at all.

Using:

Mac OS 10.6.8

Trying to use Maya 2013 SP2, Educational

andrew

imBobertRobert
Message 5 of 5 (3,809 Views)

06-27-2013 09:36 AM in reply to: imBobertRobert

II probably should have mentioned this earlier, but I forgot about this thread. I fixed the problem I was having by installing the 2014 version of Maya, though I have a feeling that this won't work for everyone, and most certaintly would not be the best option for people who have bought the full license.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube